From start to finish, watching to process of creation of a paper mache dragon trophy sculpture is mesmerizing. These works of art are jaw-dropping when finished, and the detail that goes into their construction is slow-clap worthy.
This red dragon wall trophy sculpture by Alessandro Ragone of TheDragonHunterNYC enraptures with it's golden and deep crimson red colors and fierce expression captures mid-cry. You can watch Alessandro's entire creation process from start to finish in the time-lapse video below:
To add a layer or realistic life to this dragon Alessandro included these creamy orange cat style glass eyes. The delicate colors blend perfectly with the palate he selected for the entire sculpture.
Then below is another intense dragon paper mache sculpture, this one in black paired with these golden dragon glass eyes. The contrast is striking!
Another impressive artist who works with cloth and paper mache to create fantastic dragon trophy sculptures is Raymond Bennett of RaysDragonLair.
You can watch Ray sculpt one of his dragon from start to finish in the video below:
This incredible red, black and green dragon is made with a paper and cloth mache process that also includes air dry clay and teeth crafted from sculpty polymer clay.
As you can see, the finished result is nothing short of extraordinary...
Perfectly suited for this sculpture, Ray included these green and orange fantasy glass eyes for a brilliant touch of life.
Ray also chose to use these golden dragon glass eyes for some of his sculptures as well. This custom commissioned one shown below is crafted with polymer clay, a pair of the golden dragon glass eyes, and painted with acrylics.
It is so exciting to see our original glass eye designs included in such spellbinding works of art. When such care and hours of work are put into a creative project, we know it is no small decision to select our cabochons as the final touch that will pull the entire sculpture to completion.
About the glass eyes from handmadeglasseyes.com:
- All artisan glass eyes are original graphic designs designed by Megan Petersen of Spokane, Washington
- Each cabochon is handmade with attention to detail and inspected for quality
- All products are made and ship from our studio located in Spokane, Washington, USA
- Get your order FAST! All products ship within 1-3 business days
- All orders are shipped via USPS mail with tracking included
- If you aren't happy with your order for ANY reason, returns or exchanges are accepted within 30 days without any stocking fees or extra hassle
- High definition eyes will add realistic life to your handcrafted creations
- Our glass eyes are used by makers and restorers all around the world. They are used for custom doll making, teddy bear restoration, mixed media art, faux taxidermy, wire wrapped jewelry creation, fursuit making and costume cosplay, polymer clay creatures, amigurumi crochet toys, fx studio props, antiques repair, needle felting projects, woodcarved sculptures and much, much more.