Steve Mckibbin from Placitas, NM creates visually stunning gourd artwork sculptures that are mesmerizing to view and take up space in tantalizing visually fetching ways.
To add the final touch of life and depth to his creations, Steve uses the glass eye cabochons from handmadeglasseyes.com.
These striking carvings can be seen in galleries in Placitas and Albuquerque, NM as a showcase of the stunning work Steve has been doing for the past 15 years.
It is such an honor for our glass eyes to be included in these absolutely striking sculptures.
We love seeing what artists make with our eyes, and are constantly blown away by the immense talent and innovation!
Thank you, Steve, for sharing your talents with us!
About the glass eyes from handmadeglasseyes.com:
- All artisan glass eyes are original graphic designs designed by Megan Petersen of Spokane, Washington
- Each cabochon is handmade with attention to detail and inspected for quality
- All products are made and ship from our studio located in Spokane, Washington, USA
- Get your order FAST! All products ship within 1-3 business days
- All orders are shipped via USPS mail with tracking included
- If you aren't happy with your order for ANY reason, returns or exchanges are accepted within 30 days without any stocking fees or extra hassle
- High definition eyes will add realistic life to your handcrafted creations
- Our glass eyes are used by makers and restorers all around the world. They are used for custom doll making, teddy bear restoration, mixed media art, faux taxidermy, wire wrapped jewelry creation, fursuit making and costume cosplay, polymer clay creatures, amigurumi crochet toys, fx studio props, antiques repair, needle felting projects, woodcarved sculptures and much, much more.
Share this post
- Tags: animal eyes, artist spotlight, glass eyes, maker spotlight, sculpture, sculptures, wood carving, woodworking