Vicky G., from Waco, TX shared this heartwarming story with us about a rescued teddy bear in an EF3 tornado, which she lovingly restored and returned to its sweet owner. Vicky used the Teddy Bear Plastic Safety Eyes listed on the website.
Here is the lucky bears story.
"Hi my name is Vicky and my family came up from Waco to help with the aftermath of the tornado. We brought supplies up and were feet on the ground helping Key Heights Baptist Church over a weekend. As we drove around town, our hearts ached...but also was overwhelmed by how your community has come together as one. No one has been left behind! The hope and generosity was so amazing and heartwarming!
While driving around we found this stuffed bear ...I am a sap and told my husband I couldn't leave this bear. He was laying out in a field all twisted. He looked rough but survived being flung and twisted for who knows how far.
We left him there but couldnt shake my feeling. The next day I told my husband we have to go back and get him!!
We brought him home with us to Waco! I am currently trying to clean him up. I have removed all his rain-soaked stuffing and he took 3 washes. He came out so fluffy!! I ordered new eyes, new stuffing, and will stitch him back up.
My hope is to revive him and post on this site in hopes to locate his owner....
This bear has unique feet, so I left them out of pictures so it can be identified.
We love you Perryton! WE HAVE LOCATED THE OWNER! Going to be such a sweet reunion!! God is so good!
So I ordered new eyes and they were not right...THEN I came across your site! I ordered the eyes and they are PERFECT!! SO CUTE! Now its just a matter of stuff/ fluff/ stitch back up and I will be mailing this bear back to the little girl! It is the only thing that remains...her family's mobile home was lifted and completely destroyed with everything in it. They are lucky to be alive! It was an EF3 tornado that was so destructive. People lost lives and many were injured. The grandma sent a picture to claim the bear, the girl in the picture
is older now, however...her dad gave this bear to her for Valentines Day. A special reunion will happen soon.
Vicky, your compassion and desire to help others is so amazing and admirable! We are so thankful that the eyes we provided are going to bring new life to this treasured bear. Keep serving and being a light to others! Thank you!
About the glass eyes from handmadeglasseyes.com:
- All artisan glass eyes are original graphic designs designed by Megan Petersen of Spokane, Washington
- Each cabochon is handmade with attention to detail and inspected for quality
- All products are made and ship from our studio located in Spokane, Washington, USA
- Get your order FAST! All products ship within 1-3 business days
- All orders are shipped via USPS mail with tracking included
- If you aren't happy with your order for ANY reason, returns or exchanges are accepted within 30 days without any stocking fees or extra hassle
- High definition eyes will add realistic life to your handcrafted creations
- Our glass eyes are used by makers and restorers all around the world. They are used for custom doll making, teddy bear restoration, mixed media art, faux taxidermy, wire wrapped jewelry creation, fursuit making and costume cosplay, polymer clay creatures, amigurumi crochet toys, fx studio props, antiques repair, needle felting projects, woodcarved sculptures and much, much more.