Greg E. from Oxnard, California completed this unique project with his granddaughter using Green Cyberpunk Cog eyes.
He had this to say; "Sharing my latest steampunk-ish creation which was a collaboration with my 8-year-old granddaughter. We call him Cranky, and oh look, he has your eyes. I hope you enjoy what we've done with a set of your eyes. Cheers"
Greg also provided us with Cranky's formal description:
Project Name: Cranky
Project Type: Consolidated Aural Intonation Relay
Project Style: Steampunk Robot
Project Designer and current owner: Granddaughter
Project Engineer: Grandpa
Features: A cool rotating crank on an articulated brass doorknob head with custom glass eyes and springy hair style, a repurposed brass bike horn with nice faucet screen speaker cover, height adjustable feet and over engineered bracing, fine copper for construction and patching, along with numerous bolts, screws, nuts, and washers (all certified for fitness). Comes with a 90 day limited warranty. Extended warrant available at additional cost.
Problems: Cranky and marginally inhospitable. Likes cats. Still angry that in 48 B.C., Julius Caesar burned down The Great Library of Alexandria.
Greg, we love the creativity you and your granddaughter share! We hope you both continue with your creative spirits!
About the glass eyes from handmadeglasseyes.com:
- All artisan glass eyes are original graphic designs designed by Megan Petersen of Spokane, Washington
- Each cabochon is handmade with attention to detail and inspected for quality
- All products are made and ship from our studio located in Spokane, Washington, USA
- Get your order FAST! All products ship within 1-3 business days
- All orders are shipped via USPS mail with tracking included
- If you aren't happy with your order for ANY reason, returns or exchanges are accepted within 30 days without any stocking fees or extra hassle
- High definition eyes will add realistic life to your handcrafted creations
- Our glass eyes are used by makers and restorers all around the world. They are used for custom doll making, teddy bear restoration, mixed media art, faux taxidermy, wire wrapped jewelry creation, fursuit making and costume cosplay, polymer clay creatures, amigurumi crochet toys, fx studio props, antiques repair, needle felting projects, woodcarved sculptures and much, much more.
Share this post
- Tags: artist spotlight, craft project, creativity, cyberpunk, glass eyes, maker spotlight, metal sculpture, robot, steampunk glass eyes