Morris C. of Oro Valley AZ, write stories for his grandchildren. To illustrate the characters within the stories, he creates caricature sculptures for the critters within them.
"I sculpt each one of the critters and plants from clay and then paint them," Morris explains, "Then, I put them in a setting to match the story and take a photo that is then inserted in the story."
(Photo of a Watersnarfer with these blue glass eyes.)
"I enjoy coming up with the caricatures to match the stories and sculpting them," Morris wrote to us in an e-mail, "Your glass eyes really make the critters look believable and add that something extra to each one."
(Photo of cactus Gobstomper with green glass eyes.)
These photos are just a sampling of what's to come.
"There are many stories and critters to go," Says Morris, "So I expect using quite a few of your glass eyes in the future."
About the glass eyes from handmadeglasseyes.com:
- All artisan glass eyes are original graphic designs designed by Megan Petersen of Spokane, Washington
- Each cabochon is handmade with attention to detail and inspected for quality
- All products are made and ship from our studio located in Spokane, Washington, USA
- Get your order FAST! All products ship within 1-3 business days
- All orders are shipped via USPS mail with tracking included
- If you aren't happy with your order for ANY reason, returns or exchanges are accepted within 30 days without any stocking fees or extra hassle
- High definition eyes will add realistic life to your handcrafted creations
- Our glass eyes are used by makers and restorers all around the world. They are used for custom doll making, teddy bear restoration, mixed media art, faux taxidermy, wire wrapped jewelry creation, fursuit making and costume cosplay, polymer clay creatures, amigurumi crochet toys, fx studio props, antiques repair, needle felting projects, woodcarved sculptures and much, much more.